At 7 km away from Campulung Muscel is the village of Poienarii de Muscel where we created a mini holiday village with 3 cottages. Our rental is suitable for maximum 14 guests.
At Cottage Poe, the oldest house (museum house) is dated from 1896 and we have kept and restaurated it. On the ground floor, in the old cellar we have an open kitchen and a dining room for 14 people. Everything is traditional and authentic: the furniture, the decorations and the food. We cook for our guests meals with local products: milk, eggs, cheese, bread, meat, fruits and vegetables.
In 2010 we built a house with 2 bedrooms, two bathrooms and a living room with fireplace. The house has an aristrocratic air, with old romanian traditional furniture. The large windows look at the wonderful landscape of the surrounding wooded hills.
The third house, built in 2012, is an apartment with two bedrooms and a bathroom. Its architecture and furniture respects the muscelean style: large porch, furniture and rustic decorations.
All rooms have TVs, refrigerators, coffee makers, wireless internet, hot water and permanent heating.
During the summer, on the terrace of 200 sqm we set up a swimming pool and a trampoline with great success in children. The houses are located in a garden of 12,000 sqm, near the forest, and have a panorama of 180 degrees only with forests and orchards. No other construction is visible in the landscape. The tranquility, clean air and calm are ensured all year round.
At Poe Cottage we welcome you with plum brandy, wine, cakes and much love.
Located 170 km from Bucharest and 87 km from Brasov, on National Road 73, the city of Campulung is at the entrance to the Rucar-Bran corridor. In the north of Campulung depression, located between Raul Doamnei and Dambovita, rises the mountains Papusa, Leaota and Piatra Craiului, as well as the highest hill in the country, Mateias (1243m).
Campulung was the first capital of the Romanian Country and comprises over 140 historical and architectural monuments. The first documentary mention dates from 1300, and in 1330 King Basarab established the royal court here.
Many attractions are worth visiting by tourists:
– Roman Fort Jidava, the northern border of the Roman Empire (1.2 km from Poe Cottage);
– Bratia Church, built in the 13th century by Laurentis de Longo Campo;
– The Royal Church, built by Queen Chiajna and the King Petru Schiopul in 1567;
– The Municipal Museum that hosts the first writing in Romanian language 1521, Neacșu’s letter to Hans Brukner, Brașov County;
– The Museum of Ethnography and Folk Art, is housed in one of the oldest houses in the city, built in the Muscelean style, in 1735;
– The Mausoleum of Mateiaș recalls the bravery of the fallen soldiers in the 1916 battles;
– “Pardon” Boulevard so called because the frequent clashes between the passers-by inevitably led to the excuses expressed at every step by the expression “Pardon!”;
– “Merci” Public garden where the ladies as a gesture of appreciation, repeated gracefully: “merci”, “merci”;
– The Nămăieşti Monastery, Corbii de Piatra Monastery and Cetătuia Monastery are all all built in the rock and make up an equilateral triangle with the side of 20 km;
– “Mageanu”, the hat shop mentioned in “Titanic Vals” a comedy by Tudor Musatescu.
If you want to rent by room or you need additional info, don’t hesitate to contact us via inquiry form.
|Check In||2:00 PM|
|Check Out||11:00 AM|
Parties and events are allowed.
Pets are allowed, but please note that we also have friendly dogs and cats.
No smoking inside.
In order to confirm your reservation, you need to pay in advance 50% of your stay's value. If you want to cancel the reservation with at least 5 days before the check-in, you'll get a full refund.
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox